Oscars thoughts

Okay, the slap. It was weird. Will no doubt laughed, then saw Jada was upset and felt compelled to act (even though she has humiliated him a LOT in recent years). The joke itself wasn't that good, but it hardly warranted retaliation. It certainly made Twitter a blast the rest of the night. 

I'm always most interested in the 4 acting categories.
Will Smith won as expected, which made for quite the scene. 
I was rooting for Kristen Stewart, but I'm not mad that Jessica Chastain finally has an Oscar. Just wish it was for a better film.
The guy from Coda won and gave a nice speech. It was sweet that the woman from Minari stood there holding the trophy so he could sign. 
Arianna Debose won. Well deserved. 

Coda won Best Picture, which I believe makes it the first such winner that I have not seen at the time it won since, I think, Shakespeare In Love. 
The only thing Power Of The Dog won was best director.
Dune won a bunch of tech awards.
Billie Eilish won. That's cool. 
Licorice Pizza was shut out. That's not cool. 

I didn't think the overall show was that bad. Hate away, but I actually thought Amy Schumer was pretty funny. Regina Hall too.
Naturally the Beyonce performance was overhyped. I swear she could release a song with nothing but fart noises and get praised.
They completely ruined the "In Memoriam" segment with weird dancing.
I don't understand why they gave out awards before the show only to then circle back and show the speeches.

I am glad they brought back the clips for the acting categories. I liked some of the themed presenters too. 

I never care if the show is long. Watch a long show once a year, whiners. You'll watch hours of some bullshit every day but THIS is where you draw the line? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June movie reviews

The Patriots are the luckiest dynasty ever

2025 NFL predictions