2026 NFL season predictions
Let's get this out of the way quickly.
I think the Vikings are winning the NFC North at 10-7. I think the division could be won by anybody and could finish in any order. So, in that scenario, why not just pick the Vikings? I don't expect Kyler Murray to have a sensational season, but I do think he will be an effective playmaker and distributor. I expect a big Justin Jefferson season. Addison and Jennings will get theirs (both are playing for their own dollars). I think Hockenson has something left. The run game has never been satisfactory under KOC, but, well, hopefully, this year, it's an asset. We got a healthy Darrisaw. If Brandel can hold down center, the OL should be rock solid.
And the defense could be the best we have had since peak Zimmer. Gone are some of the crappy veterans. The run defense has been an evergreen issue, but with Banks and Orange added to a talented bunch of youngsters that should improve. Linebackers are good, and Dallas Turner is primed for a star level breakout. Harrison Smith is back (albeit overpaid) in the secondary, along with extremely promising Charles Demmings.
I have complete faith in Brian Flores to take these pieces and make this defense formidable. And we managed 9 wins last year with some of the worst collective QB play in franchise history. It's hardly homerism to think we can improve one measely game.
After them, I'm going Lions-Bears-Packers, with just 2 games separating everybody.
For the rest of the NFC, I'm going Eagles-Buccaneers-Rams as division champs. The Rams are the huge favorites, but I've seen many a super team fall short. My wild cards are the 49ers, Lions and Seahawks. My sneaky dark horse might be the Giants.
Over in the AFC, I have all 4 divisions going to new teams. Bills in the east, Bengals in the north, Texans in the south, and the Chargers out west. Wild cards are the Ravens, Chiefs, and Colts. My sneaky dark horse here is, yeah, the Raiders. Go get em, Kirk.
I got a little wacky with my playoffs. I do have KOC getting his 1st playoff win (over Detroit!), but I also have the Rams becoming the first team to lose to a 7 seed.
NFC championship: The Seahawks return to this point, but this time fall...to the 49ers.
AFC championship: Buffalo (who I have picked for the nest record in the league) hosts the title game in their 1st year of their new stadium...but fall...to the Chargers. Yes, I have Harbaugh and Herbert breaking through.
So that means a rematch of a Super Bowl from the 90s...but with a different winner. The Chargers will win their first Super Bowl.
Comments
Post a Comment